The global “influenza medication” market size is projected to reach USD 993.7 million by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 2.2% during the forecast period. Increasing global burden of influenza will be one of the central forces driving the growth of this market. Influenza, or the flu, is a virus that infects the human respiratory system, that is, the throat, lungs, and nose. Usually, the infection subsides on its own, but sometimes it can turn severe and even prove to be fatal. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), every year influenza epidemics around the globe affect around 3 million to 5 million people and cause respiratory deaths between 290,000 and 650,000. The developed nations are also bearing the impact of this deadly virus.For instance, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that since 2010, the occurrence of influenza-related illnesses in the US have been between 9 million and 45 million. In 2016-17, the CDC estimates that hospitalizations resulting from influenza alone will be around 500,000. Thus, such exponential rise in the prevalence of this infection will raise the influenza treatment market demand in the coming years.
The Latest Resarch Report covers:
- Global Influenza Medication Markettrends, with detailed analysis on consumer trends & manufacturer trends.
- Overview on supply analysis covering trends across raw material suppliers, technology providers and distributors.
- Key areas of investments identifying market opportunities and challenges in forecast timeframe.
- Competitive analysis of the industry players along with the overview on strategic management.
- Comprehensive company profiles of the major industry players.
Request a Sample Copy of the Research Report: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/sample/influenza-medication-market-101843
Leading Players operating in the Latest Resarch Report Influenza Medication Market are:
Key players are involved in mergers and acquisition to strengthen their market position. Owing to increasing competition frequent innovations are taking place in the market. Some of the companies operating the industry are:
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Seqirus (CSL)
- Genentech, Inc.
- Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Zydus Cadila)
- Lupin Limited
- BIOCRYST PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.
- Shionogi & Co., Ltd.
Rising Threat from Risk Factors for Influenza to Propel the Market
Prominent among the influenza medication market trends is the threats posed by the risk factors inducing or worsening the effects of influenza infection in humans. According to the CDC, the people most at risk for flu complications include pregnant women, diabetics, asthmatics, adults aged 65 or older, young children, HIV/AIDS patients, cancer patients, and people suffering from chronic lung or heart condition. For example, congestive heart condition in a person can worsen if she contracts the flu infection. The influenza drugs market growth is further bolstered by the rising prevalence of these risk factors. For instance, the WHO estimates that approximately 235 million people worldwide are living with asthma currently, while 18.1 million new cancer cases were reported worldwide in 2018, the WHO states.
Strong Support to R&D Activities to Fuel the Market in North America
North America is anticipated to dominate the influenza medication market share in the forecast period as the region generated a revenue of USD 527.3 million in 2018. Financial and regulatory support to academic institutions and private companies for R&D for studying influenza virus mutations will be the primary growth factor for the market in the region. Other than this, high incidence of different types of influenza along with rising awareness about the disease will also expand the regional market.
Global Influenza Medication Market Scope:
- Baloxavir marboxil
- Oseltamivir phosphate
By Influenza Type
- Influenza A
- Influenza B
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, Southeast Asia, and Rest of Asia- Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC and Rest of Middle East & Africa)
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts:https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/speak-to-analyst/influenza-medication-market-101843
- Extensive product offerings
- Customer research services
- Robust research methodology
- Comprehensive reports
- Latest technological developments
- Value chain analysis
- Potential Influenza Medication Marketopportunities
- Growth dynamics
- Quality assurance
- Post-sales support
- Regular report updates
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Comprehensive analysis of the Influenza Medication Marketgrowth drivers, obstacles, opportunities, and other related challenges.
- Tracks the developments, such as new product launches, agreements, mergers and acquisitions, geographical expansions, and joint ventures.
- Identifies market restraints and boosters.
- Identifies all the possible segments present in the market to aid organizations in strategic business planning.
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
At Fortune Business Insights™ we aim at highlighting the most lucrative growth opportunities for our clients. We, therefore, offer recommendations, making it easier for them to navigate through technological and market-related changes. Our consulting services are designed to help organizations identify hidden opportunities and understand prevailing competitive challenges.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US :+1 424 253 0390
UK : +44 2071 939123
APAC : +91 744 740 1245