spot_imgspot_img

THE GREAT TRUTH BEHIND WHY WOMEN WANT TO KEEP A FLAT CHEST AFTER MASTECTOMY

THE GREAT TRUTH BEHIND WHY WOMEN WANT TO KEEP A FLAT CHEST AFTER MASTECTOMY

Going flat after mastectomy is the decision of many women.  Moreover, research says that 74% of the women are satisfied with going a flat chest after mastectomy, and the rest 26% don’t prefer a flat chest after mastectomy. A flat closure with a flat breast is also known as an aesthetic flat closure. An aesthetic flat chest is defined by the National Cancer Institute as a type of surgery that is done to rebuild or may be done after the moval of a breast implant. The other extra skin, tissue, and fat in the breast area are removed, the remaining tissue is then tightened and smoothed out so that the chest wall appears flat.” 60% of the people who undergoes mastectomy sheer from pain.

A mastectomy is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of entire breast tissue from a breast to treat or prevent breast cancer. For people with early-stage breast cancer, a mastectomy may be an option. Another alternative is a lumpectomy, which removes only the tumor from the breast while leaving the rest of the breast intact.

The major reasons given by women for having simply a mastectomy are to avoid having a foreign object implanted in their bodies and to heal faster than if they also had reconstruction. In this study, the average satisfaction score after mastectomy was 3.72 out of 5. A lot of women had breast reconstruction but the majority of women opt to go for a flat chest.

Rebecca Pine, a breast cancer survivor, was interviewed. She is now  41 years old, Rebecca was diagnosed with cancer in 2009 and also wanted to keep his other breast hoping to breastfeed her child. Rebecca approximately 4 years later removed her other breast due to having a brca gene. Her mom also had breast cancer and she promised her that she will take preventive measures to remove her other breast, she even had breast reconstruction at the time of surgery but later on, she removed it. She also started a page named“ The breast and sea” with a photographer named Miana jun, for women affected by breast cancer, this page was about finding ways to accept themselves and re-defying beauty on her terms. Rebecca Pine is now content with her decision and uses her Facebook page to encourage others who are dealing with breast cancer.

This demonstrates that people may live happily with a flat breast; it does not make them look unattractive or insecure. Women who do not seek reconstruction after a mastectomy for breast cancer were polled on social media. Defining the “Going Flat” phenomenon. “One in three women receiving breast cancer surgery reconstruction have complications” according to a study headed by University medication experts this means that all women who go with breast reconstruction are not fine.

You can visit our page for the latest news regarding the new vaccine mRNA or monkeypox.

Eric
Hello, I am Eric Joseph Gomes. I am a content writer who loves to write articles. Currently, I am working with Medical Market News as their content writer. Reading book is my hobby, which helps me to get more ideas for my articles.

Get in Touch

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

spot_imgspot_img

Related Articles

spot_img

Get in Touch

0FansLike
3,364FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Latest Posts